Monday, March 26, 2012

A Photographers Moment

I don't know how many of you are actually photographers or just great people looking for cheap but amazing photography!
There is a moment that I had been told about several times when I first picked up my camera and started my journey. Everyone I talked to always referred to it as a "Photographers Moment." I never really believed that it would happen, it seemed like it was just a funny story to share among friends and fellow photographers. A "Photographers Moment" is when you are out doing a normal everyday errand and you come along a scene that hits you and just inspires you so much that you have to stop and take photos! Most of the time this involves people simply living their lives, but it is just so inspiring that you can't help but take a few snap shots.
The main problem with this is that you can't simply just sit and take photos of someone in the world today, bad things can happen very quickly if your subject isn't fully aware of what you are trying to do. So you have to walk up to the person(s) and try to explain to them the best way that you can that you just simply must take photos of them. Then you have to stand there while they look at you like you are completely insane. If you are lucky enough you get permission to do so you can get to work and enjoy the peaceful out come.
My story is much like this. I was coming home from buying some food for my furry babies and as I was pulling into my parking stall I noticed my neighbor sitting outside reading, she was just sitting there reading a good book enjoying a cold drink and the company of her cats. I asked her and she said yes. (Only after that awkward moment of being starred at like I was completely insane.) I was so excited that I couldn't wait! The lighting was perfect! The scene was very relaxing and warm. I knew I just had to have photos. After five short minutes I had what I was looking for, I thanked her and headed back home. These photos are my favorite from that day. Again, I used my Sony DSC-HX1 camera, with the standard stock lens.


No comments:

Post a Comment