Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Making the Best

This post is just to show some of you beginners like me that there is usually a way to turn a funky photo into a wonderful save. This is one of the many photos that I took of the 2012 Horse Expo, but because I was shooting outside and didn't have a lens cover there was a high risk of having a few lens flairs. It actually only happened to this photo, so I got lucky. It was such a great shot that I couldn't let a silly lens flair cause me to just throw it away. So I opened up my photo editing software and went to work. Normally with lens flairs you see a starbust of orange, orange/red, or yellow coloring taking up most of the photo. With this one I didn't have that happen, it just turned the whole shot yellow, so I played with the white balance and brightness and came up with this. I added a dark frame and it actually turned out perfect! It was a great save! So the next time you look at a photo that you just love but something is a little off about it, try playing with some of the settings in your editing software and you may end up with a winner like this. No photo is ever worthless, with each messed up, funky, or ruined shot you learn something new! Remember that Photography is all about technique!

No comments:

Post a Comment